SHARI AND KERRI’S PIE CRUST | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: shari wood @shariwood
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 1/4 cup(s) flour|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) salt|
|2 tablespoon(s) sugar|
|10 tablespoon(s) butter|
|3-4 tablespoon(s) ice water|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla (omit if you don’t want a sweet pie crust)|
- This is for 1 10 inch pie crust.
I use my food processor. It comes together so quickly!
- Put flour, salt, sugar in food processor. Pulse a couple of times.
Cut up cold butter into small cubes. Add to flour and run while you pour ice water through the top. Stop when pie crust comes together in a ball.
- Put in saran wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
SOUR CREAM-LEMON PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|Dough for single-crust pie|
|1 cup sugar|
|3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|1 cup whole milk|
|1/2 cup lemon juice|
|3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten|
|1/4 cup butter, cubed|
|1 tablespoon grated lemon zest|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped|
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°., Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack until edge is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-6 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack., In a large heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in milk and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat. , In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and lemon zest. Cool without stirring., Stir in sour cream. Add filling to crust. Top with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator.
Calories 437 calories, FatContent 26g fat (15g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 145mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 197mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 4g protein.
REESE’S™ PEANUT BUTTER PIE RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 3 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 crust from 1 box (14.1 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 Count), softened as directed on box|
|2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream|
|8 oz cream cheese, softened|
|1/2 cup creamy peanut butter|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|6 packages (1.5 oz each) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups™, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)|
|1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon hot fudge|
- Heat oven to 450°F. Unroll pie crust; place in ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges as desired, and prick bottom and sides with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large chilled bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed just until soft peaks form. Reserve 1 cup of the whipped cream for topping; refrigerate.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gently fold remaining whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Fold in 1 cup of the chopped peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until ready to assemble pie.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1/2 cup of the hot fudge uncovered on High 10 to 20 seconds or until spreadable. Carefully spread hot fudge onto bottom of cooled crust. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto fudge layer.
- Spoon reserved 1 cup whipped cream on top of cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups. In same small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1 tablespoon hot fudge uncovered on High 5 to 10 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle on top of pie. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
Calories 800 , CarbohydrateContent 56 g, CholesterolContent 120 mg, FatContent 10 , FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 28 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 510 mg, SugarContent 36 g, TransFatContent 1 g