POLLO A LA BRASA (PERUVIAN GRILLED CHICKEN) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Soup Loving Nicole
Categories: Peruvian Recipes
Total time: 8 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs|
|⅓ cup soy sauce|
|5 cloves garlic|
|2 tablespoons lime juice|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2 teaspoons cumin|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|½ teaspoon dried oregano|
|2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped|
|½ cup firmly packed cilantro|
|¼ cup mayonnaise|
|1 tablespoon lime juice|
|1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove garlic|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Place chicken thighs into a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. Blend soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, vegetable oil, cumin, paprika, and oregano in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken, seal the bag, and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Combine jalapeno peppers, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender; pulse until sauce is smooth. Transfer sauce to a covered bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken thighs from the bag and place on the grill. Discard bag with excess marinade. Grill thighs for 7 minutes; flip and grill 7 additional minutes.
- Transfer thighs to a serving dish and drizzle reserved sauce over the chicken.
Calories 542.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.1 g, CholesterolContent 132.9 mg, FatContent 40.5 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 37.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.9 g, SodiumContent 1685 mg, SugarContent 1.1 g
POLLO A LA BRASA (PERUVIAN GRILLED CHICKEN) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 8 hours 45 minutes
Prep time: 8 hours
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1/3 cup soy sauce|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|5 garlic cloves|
|2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 (3 1/2 lb) whole chickens, quartered|
|1 lime, quartered (for garnish)|
- Blend soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and oil in a blender.
- Put chicken in a large sealable bag and add marinade. Seal bag and marinate, chilled, 8 to 24 hours. Turn occasionally to assure even marinating.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Discard marinade, then pat chicken dry. Oil grill rack.
- Grill chicken over area with no coals (or over a turned-off burner), skin side down first, covered, turning over once, until cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes (add charcoal to maintain heat).
- Garnish with lime wedges.
- (IF OVEN ROASTING – Preheat oven to 500°F, and roast chicken for 30 minutes in a 13×9-inch roasting pan with 1 cup water. After 30 minutes of roasting time, tent with foil and continue roasting until browned and cooked through, or about 15 minutes longer.).
Calories 617.2, FatContent 44.4, SaturatedFatContent 12.1, CholesterolContent 187.2, SodiumContent 1517, CarbohydrateContent 6, FiberContent 1.2, SugarContent 0.9, ProteinContent 47.2
POLLO A LA BRASA RECIPE (PERUVIAN ROAST CHICKEN) – EAT PERU
Provided by: Eat Peru
Categories: Lunch,Main Course
Total time: 870 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 120 minutes
|1 whole chicken (giblets removed)|
|½ cup plain vinegar|
|½ cup ground ají panca chilli pepper|
|½ cup freshly made garlic paste|
|½ cup dark soy sauce|
|½ cup vegetable oil (for the marinade)|
|1 cup black beer (such as Cusqueña Negra (optional))|
|Salt, ground black pepper, and cumin to taste|
|6 large white cooking potatoes (peeled and cut into thick fries)|
|2 cups vegetable oil (to fry the potatoes)|
|1 small head iceberg lettuce (washed and roughly chopped)|
|3 medium tomatoes (sliced)|
|½ cucumber (peeled and sliced)|
|½ cup salad dressing (of your choice)|
|5 tbsp Dipping sauces (Mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and ají chilli pepper dip to serve)|
|1 large aji amarillo pepper (or 2 tbsps paste)|
|1/3 cup queso fresco|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|1 large garlic clove|
|3 tbsp lime juice|
|1/2 tsp huacatay paste|
|1 pinch sugar|
|pepper (to taste)|
- On the night before roasting, add dry ground ingredients to bowl
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade (vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable oil, black beer, ground ají panca chilli pepper, garlic, coarse salt, pepper and cumin) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place the chicken in a large baking tray or bowl, pour the marinade over it, ensuring it covers all of the parts of the chicken, and leave in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- (Day of roasting) Take the chicken out of the fridge, spread the marinade over the chicken one last time and place into a baking pan, adding 1 inch of water to the bottom of the pan in order to avoid the chicken drying out. Pre-heat the oven at 390°F (200 °C) for 10 minutes and place the tray with the chicken in the middle of the oven. Bake for 2 hours or until cooked, ensuring the chicken is cooked inside (check with a skewer) and the skin is nicely roasted and crispy.
- About 30 minutes before the chicken is ready to come out of the oven, fry the potatoes in plenty of vegetable oil until golden brown. Place on some kitchen towel in a strainer on a plate to absorb any excess oil. Add salt to taste.
- Place the lettuce, tomato and cucumber and toss with your salad dressing of choice.
- When the chicken is ready, cut into individual pieces (usually quartered) and serve with the French fries, salad, and dipping sauces.
- Enjoy your Peruvian classic roast dinner!
- Aji Amarillo Sauce
ServingSize 200 g, Calories 1061.18 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 25.8 g, ProteinContent 43.06 g, FatContent 86.75 g, SaturatedFatContent 42.3 g, CholesterolContent 150.18 mg, SodiumContent 2179.39 mg, FiberContent 3.48 g, SugarContent 9.82 g