CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
|4 cups sweet onions, sliced|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
- Cook onion in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with sugar, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and the rest of the ingredients, and cook 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Calories 386.7, FatContent 18.5, SaturatedFatContent 2.7, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 412.7, CarbohydrateContent 53.5, FiberContent 7.4, SugarContent 30.5, ProteinContent 4.9
GRILLED ASPARAGUS AND SPRING ONIONS WITH LEMON DRESSING RECIPE …
Provided by: Dave Muller
Yield: Serves 8
|1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest|
|1 teaspoon finely grated Meyer lemon zest|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon whole grain mustard|
|1/4 cup olive oil, plus more|
|Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper|
|2 large bunches thick asparagus, trimmed|
|2 bunches spring onions, halved if large|
- Prepare grill for medium-high. Whisk lemon zest, Meyer lemon zest, lemon juice, Meyer lemon juice, mustard, and 1/4 cup oil in a medium bowl to combine; season dressing with salt and pepper (if you don’t have Meyer lemons, use regular lemons in their place).
- Place asparagus and spring onions on a rimmed baking sheet and lightly drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Grill, turning once, until lightly charred and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Serve drizzled with dressing.