ALOO GOBI (POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER) RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Priya Krishna
Yield: 4 servings
|2 medium russet potatoes, cut into 2″-long sticks|
|1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets|
|5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|1 tsp. cumin seeds|
|½ tsp. ground turmeric|
|1 small onion, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp. thinly sliced ginger|
|Pinch of asafetida (optional, but really great)|
|Pinch of red chili powder|
|1 tsp. (or more) kosher salt|
|1 Tbsp. (or more) fresh lime juice|
|½ cup chopped cilantro leaves with tender stems|
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Toss potatoes and cauliflower with 3 Tbsp. oil on prepared sheet. Spread in an even layer and roast, tossing once halfway through, until cauliflower and potatoes are browned and slightly crisped, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high until it begins to shimmer. Add cumin and cook, stirring frequently, until they turn a medium shade of brown, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and swirl in turmeric. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 4–6 minutes. Add ginger, asafetida (if using), and chili powder and cook, stirring, until heated through and well combined, about 1 minute longer.
- Stir in roasted potatoes and cauliflower, including any charred bits from the foil, and gently mix (don’t overmix, or the cauliflower will fall apart). Add salt and cook, tossing occasionally, until potatoes and cauliflower are tender (but not soggy!), 5–6 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime juice. Taste and add more lime juice or salt, if needed.
- Transfer potatoes and cauliflower to a platter. Top with cilantro.
GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER – THE LEMON BOWL®
Provided by: Liz DellaCroce
Categories: Main Course,Side
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|8 yukon gold potatoes (quartered)|
|10 ounce cauliflower florets|
|8 cloves garlic (whole and unpeeled)|
|2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|diced scallions (optional garnish)|
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add all remaining ingredients (potatoes through pepper) and seal tight. Shake well so that vegetables are evenly coated in oil and salt.
- Spread oil coated potatoes, cauliflower and garlic in an even layer on baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 35-45 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Sprinkle with minced scallions to serve.
Calories 232 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 44.2 g, ProteinContent 7.2 g, FatContent 6.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.9 g, SodiumContent 602 mg, FiberContent 6 g, SugarContent 5.9 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 5.9 g, ServingSize 1 serving